Our roots date back to 1945, when Clarence and Mildred Brunn opened a small butcher shop. Some might think the name A to Z Meats is derived from the fact they offered products ranging from A to Z. Actually, the name comes from the personal meat lockers that locals entrusted Clarence and Mildred to stock and maintain in the days before refrigerators and freezers were commonplace. Today, the name is still appropriate as we do offer a broad range of quality, delicious and flavorful products … ranging from A to Z.
Eventually, route sales increased and the butcher shop was discontinued. The business was incorporated in 1969 and moved to its current location in Bluffton, Ohio. As the business continued to grow, Robert and Jo Ann (Brunn) Bender took over the operation of A to Z Meats. In the 1970’s the business became federally inspected, enabling a full line of distributors in outlying states to purchase the company’s quality products.
As time marches on, so does our commitment to offer quality, delicious products. Clarence and Mildred took a great deal of pride in running their family business when the doors first opened. We continue that tradition today, keeping our motto “Quality is a Family Tradition” at the forefront of all we do.
Original Texas Tenderloins • Pizza Patties • Premium Beef Patties • Beef Philly Steaks • Pork Fritters • Jumbo Hoagies • Sausages Marinated Ribeyes & More!